Saturday, March 26, 2011

John Calipari and the #4 Kentucky Wildcats headed to the Elite Eight

I’ve stated here more than once that I’m a Kentucky Wildcats fan. I grew up about 25 miles from Lexington, KY, and my mom raised her sons to bleed blue when it comes to basketball. I’m proud of the CATS for pulling one out yesterday against Thad Motta and his favored 1-seed team, the Ohio State Buckeyes. It was a great game and I would have tipped my hat to OSU win or lose.

Wow. Josh Harrellson played the game of his career, going mano-a-mano against the incredible Jared Sullinger, who still managed to have a great game but was setoff by Harrellson’s equally amazing effort. Charles Barkley was quoted as saying, “This is crazy. This isn’t turr-ible, this is Kentucky basketball.”

Analyst Kenny Anderson flip-flopped just seconds previous to the start of the game, saying he had analyzed both teams and decided that Kentucky’s guards would consistently beat OSU off the dribble, which they did. He also predicted a big game for Terrence Jones, which didn’t happen, but that’s okay, DeAndre Liggins made sure Jones wasn’t missed too much.

Here’s what I have to say to Liggins:

2 comments:

  1. win or lose it will be this Saturday when i get to watch them play in Houston -- already got Kentucky Wildcats Tickets . Good Lord willin and the creek don't rise! Well , no law against dreaming is there. Go Cats Goooooooooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be there! Cheer 'em on in person for me. And I appreciate the comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete