Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Movies I plan to see in 2011

Alright, so let's see if I have my movie-viewing wish list for the first half of 2011 straight.


All the links will take you to that movie’s movieinsider.com overview page, where you can see stills, cast and crew, trailers, etcetera.


12453THE EAGLE is this Friday. Check.

RANGO on March 4th

PAUL on March 18th

SUCKER PUNCH on March 25th

YOUR HIGHNESS on April 8th

32944THOR on May 6th

PIRATES: ON STRANGER TIDES on May 20th

KUNG FU PANDA 2 on May 27th

GREEN LANTERN on June 17th

CARS 2 on June 24th

31183CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER on July 22nd

COWBOYS AND ALIENS on July 29th

That there's more movies than I've seen at the theater in probably the last two years combined. I'm gonna have to start a movie fund right now. At least I get a break in April, unless I decide to see SUPER (Ellen Page, Liv Tyler, Rainn Wilson), since I dig its lineup of actors/actresses, and director James Gunn wrote the 2004 version of DAWN OF THE DEAD, which I did not think was horrible – it was no SHAUN OF THE DEAD, but it was fun.

38068Now, I can tell you a couple of studio reboots I will most likely not being seeing. The first is ARTHUR (dumb idea; Dudley Moore will always be Arthur to me and not, I repeat, NOT Russell Brand!) and the second is  X-MEN: FIRST CLASS unless, by some miracle, the latter movie far surpasses the stills, because they look abso-smurfly horrid. And I really dig Michael Fassbender, too! But, no. Or as Thor might utter: “I say thee nay.” Honestly, if I was forced to buy an advance ticket and given the choice between the X-reboot and FINAL DESTINATION 5 (yes, that’s the number FIVE), I’d probably flip a coin.

No. I’d say “eff it” and buy a ticket to THE GREATEST MUPPET MOVIE EVER MADE (heck, it has Zach Galafalakanizzle, that little bearded drunken monkey, and Jason Segel in it, after all).

21820Alas. But, hey, doesn’t the lineup above seem super duper solid? It makes the past two summer movie seasons look totally lame. I’m feeling kinda excited. And it all starts this weekend, as I have some fairly high hopes for THE EAGLE (hell, I enjoyed CENTURION—another Fassbender flick with much the same premise).

What do you guys think? Did I miss something above that you’re really looking forward to seeing this year?

37099

1 comment:

  1. I need get caught up on movies. I may try to catch some of the ones you list here. I'm always leery of the super hero movies (cheese) but Thor and Captain America look pretty cool. Eagle definitely looks good.

    ReplyDelete