Friday, January 28, 2011

A Four-Year-Old with Questions.

This morning…

Son: “Daddy, do I have a heart?”

Father: “Yes, of course.”

Son: “You have a heart, too, right?”

Father: “Yes, I do.”

Son: “Do toys have hearts?”

Father: “Uh, no. Toy’s don’t have hearts.”

Son: “But don’t hearts mean love?”

Father: “Uh, well, yes. Hearts do a lot of things, but yeah, hearts can stand for love.”

Son: “…well, how do toys love us? Like Woody?”

Father: “Oh, boy.”

Later…

Son: “Daddy?”

Father: “Yes?”

Son: “Why do vampires eat just blood?”

Father: “Uh… well, how come you only eat cheeseburgers?”

Son: “Daddy. That’s doesn’t answer my question.”

Father: “Oh, boy.”

Later still…

Son: “Daddy?”

Father: <sigh> “Yes?”

Son: “I love you.”

Father: “I love you, too.”

2 comments:

  1. I'd really like to have a little kid to ask me that kind of thing, but I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to resist the temptation to lie to them and get them to believe ridiculous things for my own fiendish amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying but I can't seem to pull one over on this kid. I think he's already too smart and his questions are mainly to humor me.

    ReplyDelete