Saturday, November 6, 2010

An Update: Writing, Stuff

Through the rest of this year my writing progress will be slowing down some, not to mention my book reviews, as well as the frequency of my blog updates, I imagine. This past week I began an eight-week clinical rotation to finish up my education as an Occupational Therapy Assistant and I. Am. Exhausted.

Yeah, already. After just one week.

But taking in this much information and pulling ten-hour-days, bookended by a 45-minute drive through bumper-to-bumper rush hour traffic both ways will do that to you. Especially when my optimal time of the day happens to be midnight to four a.m., but “a man’s gotta do…”

But some good news! I gave you a writing update almost two weeks ago and it included some recent info on the short story called “Blind Ambition.” Well, I sent off the first 500 words to a publisher shortly thereafter, and this morning I received a request for the FULL MANUSCRIPT!   I’m about to send the whole thing off in a few minutes and when I hear back (they said it will probably be a few weeks) I’ll post the news here first. I’m pretty excited, though, to have made it through the first round.

Otherwise, that’s about it. Oh, but I did just watch BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD, and wow! I loved it. The best animated Batman I’ve ever seen. When it was over my son just looked over at me and said, “Dad, that was awesome!”

No comments:

Post a Comment