Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Book Review: Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

WarbreakerWarbreaker by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

It took me nearly a month to finish WARBREAKER, mainly because it felt so tedious and none of the characters were very appealing until at least 280-300 pages into it. I'm wavering between two and three stars on this one, and for now I'm settling on two. Just way too much political set-up and info-dumping exposition, and not enough doing. The final 100 pages or so were excellent, with everything ramping to a head, but all of this happened too quickly compared to the rest of the book, and was just not enough to redeem the first 500+ pages I had to slog through.

My Rating: Two stars out of five. Sorry, Brandon. I still love you, man.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment