Friday, October 8, 2010

The War of Art | Steven Pressfield Online

Author Steven Pressfield (GATES OF FIRE) gives us an excerpt from THE WAR OF ART, a self-help book about stoking your own inner fire of creation and staying motivated to follow through with your life's true purpose. Though written primarily from a writer's perspective, the sentiment he conveys spans all walks of life and all purposes. I read this excerpt yesterday and it really struck me as something worth sharing.

We've all heard the phrase (often in science-fictiony circles), "Join the Resistance!" Pressfield has a different take. We must RESIST the Resistance. Go to the excerpt (hyperlink above), spend a few minutes soaking in these words of wisdom, and find out why.

3 comments:

  1. I've read this book at least twice and each time I learn something new (and find new ways to stay motivated in my writing). WAR OF ART is a great, great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read THE ART OF WAR as of yet. I was browsing Pressfield's site after seeing he was also on Goodreads, happened across the excerpt page, and had to share. Any book worth reading twice definitely merits my interest.

    By the way, haven't forgotten about sending you your copy of SAILS & SORCERY. Just need to get a round tuit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrr. THE WAR OF ART! Pretty sure you knew what I meant, but couldn't let it pass that I'm aware of my own propensity for folly.

    ReplyDelete