Saturday, January 16, 2010

TV News: A Song of Ice & Fire is Coming

Is HBO ordering a full season of George R. R. Martin's popular A SONG OF ICE & FIRE books? Looks like it. According to The Hollywood Reporter, HBO's programming chief Michael Lombardo thinks the early progress on the "A Game of Thrones" pilot looks fantastic and there is a very strong possibility that he will order a full season. Click the link to THR.com after the jump for more details.

 A Song of Ice and Fire - Jon Snow

HBO Ordering Full GRRM Season?

My take? I'm a huge fan of this series, so I'm really excited by this news. Even if you're not a fantasy fan, there's a lot to appreciate in this series. And if you're a newbie to fantasy, this is the one to pick up, the one I recommend to anyone who says, “I’ve not read much fantasy. What’s out there that’s good?”

It's also a reason for me to actually order HBO again, which I dropped after Rome ran its course.

The hardest part now will be the wait. They're targeting 2011. Maybe by then GRRM will have put out the next book, "A Dance with Dragons."

Also looking forward to Lena Headey (300, Sarah Connor Chronicles) as Cersei Lannister! Almost as much as Peter Dinklage as Tyrion. It’s going to be sweet.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment