Friday, January 22, 2010

Go Big Blue! The Kentucky Wildcats – Still Unbeaten

You either love ‘em or hate ‘em, but there’s no arguing that the greatest team in college basketball history is the University of Kentucky Wildcats.

They’re the  winningest college basketball program of all time.

13 Final Four appearances.

SEVEN National Championships.

They’re 18-0 so far this season. The ONLY undefeated team left in the NCAA. AP ranking has them at #2 this week. John Calipari has this team rolling.

Now, hold on. I’m not going the way of another much more famous writer named “Martin” who blogs about his favorite sports team more than his progress on his award winning and NY Times best selling series, but I have to say something! I’m riding this high, after all.

So, thanks go out to my buddy Ken Soward for making me aware of this awesome Youtube vid (1:46) by UKCAT8FAN. It’s got me pumped for tomorrow’s game against the Razorbacks, that’s for sure. And I’ll quote Ken from his Facebook page:

“…this is why I love my Kentucky Wildcats.”

--

2 comments:

  1. "...there’s no arguing that the greatest team in college basketball history is the University of Kentucky Wildcats."

    I think you will find plenty of Southern Californians who will argue that. UCLA has as many CONSECUTIVE National Championships as UK has won. They also have quite a few more final four appearances (including 10 in a row from '67 through '76).

    Personally, I think the Cats are superior, but to say it is inarguable is a bit of a stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wooden era was amazing for the Bruins, I'll give you that. You have lots of titles and impressive numbers to back you up, and I doubt seven consecutive national championships will ever be replicated. So I guess I'll concede that "inarguable" is a bit of a stretch. UK fans and UCLA fans (not to mention Tar Heels) will always be divided when it comes to the claim of "greatest of all time." A tip of the cap to your program, and thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete