Friday, October 16, 2009

“…They Use My Bathroom”

A30524931255662881A YOU HAVE TO SCRATCH YOUR HEAD at the absurdity sometimes. I know I do.

Imagine you call a local justice of the peace to get married and he asks you, “Are you an interracial couple?” Well, you happen to be, so you answer yes. Then he proceeds to tell you he won’t marry you. His reason? It’s out of concern for any children you may have. He doesn’t want the child to suffer, you know, because the offspring of such mixed races are generally not accepted.

Obviously, Mr. Keith Bardwell, a justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana, doesn’t pay much attention to national news. Nobel Peace prize…U.S. President…hmmm? Ring a bell? No? Perhaps Mr. Bardwell just doesn’t get out much.

Maybe this justice of the peace isn’t aware it’s post-1967, when the United States Supreme Court had a little something to say on this matter.

To top it off, I love this statement the good ol’ boy makes to the Associated Press:

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," said Bardwell. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

I sure hope they wash up before they leave. We wouldn’t want to pick up any “intellectually-inferior, sports-dominating” cooties now, would we?

Oh, hello, Mr. Bardwell, thank you for coming. I’d like you to meet Mr. Rush Limbaugh. Why don’t you two just have a seat over there? I can tell you have a lot to talk about…

--

Original AP article from our darling state of the downtrodden and deluged: AP News Link

No comments:

Post a Comment