Monday, January 19, 2009

Wanna download some comics?

23215 No? Well, in case you ever do, then how about some of mine? You see, I just found a link where 17 issues of a comic series I wrote in the '90s is available for download. It's called Legendlore. Ever hear of it? No? It was a spinoff of another series called The Realm, which started at Arrow Comics in the late '80s; the bulk of the 40+ issues were published by Caliber Comics. Fellas like Vincent Locke (Deadworld, A History of Violence) , Guy Davis (Baker Street, Hellblazer, B.P.R.D.), David Mack (Kabuki, Daredevil), and Brian Michael Bendis (Spider-Man, Avengers, Alias, Powers) cut their teeth on The Realm.

In recent years, Caliber publisher Gary Reed had been backing my efforts to find a publishing house for a new series of The Realm. Joe Pruett (Desperado/Image Comics) had shown interest, but then Mark Smylie entered the game and made a tentative offer to publish it under his Archaia Studios Press banner. Unfortunately, this never got off the ground, partly because the art team I initially had on board ended up doing some X-Men work for Marvel and their per-page asking price jumped up considerably. So, I've basically been sitting on scripts for the first two issues for, oh, a few years now.

I'm going on a bit longer than I intended, though. This was supposed to be a little snippet of an entry with a link to the downloadable Legendlore issues at DriveThruRPG.com. If you're so inclined, check it out. And if you're not, well, I guess we just can't be friends anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment