Monday, January 26, 2009

Let's Play: Am I a Martyr or am I Mad?

I used to be a happy, go-lucky sort of guy. I didn't ever wanna hurt nobody. Look, I'm just a regular fella trying to make a buck in these hard times, just like anybody, you know? I've tried to set a good example. I don't understand why everyone thinks I'm such a bad guy. But, for whatever reason, they're all gunning for me. They want to see me go down.

That chilly morning in December, when the men came for me and dragged me out of my bedroom, I was stunned. At first, I thought, Where are my kids? I hope my kids are okay. And then, as they put the cuffs on and led me from my home, I peered up into the Chicago sky, its cloud cover layering any hint of a sunrise in a veneer of gray and gloom, and I thought about Mandela, Dr. King, and Gandhi, and I tried to put some perspective to all this.

I will embody the nobility of Nelson Mandela. I will project my vision like the great Dr. Martin Luther King. I will endure the suffering as did the gentle Mahatma Gandhi.

I am Blagojevich.

No comments:

Post a Comment